Performance day review, June 10th, 2016

PERFORMANCE REVIEW ((JUNE 10TH, 2016))
Miku~
We started Performance day practice in term 1. It all started when the Fringe was on in Adelaide. At the time, we had Ms. Fisher as a student teacher. The first thing we did was get into groups. Me, being me, I decided to perform by myself. At first, I wanted to do voice acting because I’m very good at impressions but, later I realized that I would have to memorize a long script, in which I didn’t really want to do. When I went to New Zealand, I came to the conclusion I would sing a song in Japanese. I chose the song ‘Two Breaths Walking’ because it was the easiest song to learn and I already knew some of it. Then, I came up with a brilliant idea; to make sure I didn’t have to dance in anyway, I used a program called MMD ((MikuMikuDance)) to make a model dance for me. It was a great idea but, there was one minor drawback, at the time, I didn’t know how to use it… This is where YouTube came in handy. Once I had figured out the basics I spent NINE HOURS on a rough copy. I then scrapped this and started my good copy. I had decided to take it to school to work on it… But then, disaster struck. I couldn’t access MMD on the school computers. So at that time, all I could do was learn the lyrics and make my poster. My poster was based off a MMD model I had posed into that position, with the model in the right position; I could draw her and draw it accurately. By that time I had decided to take my computer to school to work on the dance. It sounds easy but, when you look at how many frames I did ((5672)), and how long it takes to pose, you’ll see my pain and stress. Aside from the fact it took a long time, I tried really hard to make it work. And it did! I was really proud of my work and I was ready. Then Mr. Z said that I should wear a kimono ‘^^. Sure it was a great idea, but seriously, wearing a kimono for the whole day is really tiring.
Okay, so the day came and I was ready… Okay I’m lying, I wasn’t really… But I continued anyway, I had to bring a hat for the Ludicrous Magic Show. In total I brought 4 bags to school that day. I looked like I was going on like a camping trip or something. So, I was set up, in costume and ready to record Libby, Morghan, Ben Johnson and Luka Levak’s performance. When they were ready, Libby couldn’t get it to play on the screen so Luka and Ben Johnson went first. Let me just say this, I absolutely loved their performance. Okay, so once their performance was done, there was still a bunch of technical errors so I had to improvise. I let the kids asked questions and what they thought of the show. We got some really good reviews. They told jokes and had a laugh, but still we had technical errors. I then suggested, to the pass time, that we play a game. We decided to play Night at The Museum with the kids. So let’s just say, that was really fun, those kids are really exciting *sweat drops*. So after they’re performance, Erin and I set up for our performance. I had speakers, my computer reflecting on the board. We had the table set up with our drawings for Erin’s performance.
I started playing the off vocal for ERROR as the entering music. All the kids filed in and filled in the seats. We were ready to start our performance. I wasn’t very nervous, just… Okay, I was nervous, but I can hide it amazingly. So, the song went well, but Ms. Darwin’s class kept clapping in-between the intervals. Also, almost forgot to mention, my mother filmed it *sweat drops* hehe… So Erin, like Libby, was having technical errors so I was open to questions once again. I got some really sweet comments from the younger kids. I also drew one of the kids, and she was so adorable. To move into Erin’s performance I showed them some of the pictures featured in the video, and some of my pictures of characters from Steven Universe. Erin FINALLY got her video to work and they saw all the pictures from Erin and me. There was also a speed drawing of Erin drawing a lion ((So cute~~)). So, moving into workshops was probably the hardest part of the performance. The kids didn’t want to draw the set picture so we drew Pearl from Steven Universe instead. That was fun. Our second performance went more smoothly than the last one, just my workshop turned into Erin’s, somehow. I just showed kids how to work MMD because I think it was necessary for the kids to know how much effort I had to put in… So, altogether, I think our performance was really good and in my opinion, my second performance was much better, because in my first performance, my voice broke way too many times… I liked it though.
Well, I think I could improve on, well, my workshop could’ve being better by, working in a better area for my workshop, because it wasn’t a very good place to work ((We worked on the floor in the Art Room)). I also could have improved on singing softer so I looked more relaxed. When I was singing, I was straining my vocal chords and singing such a sweet song in a stressed out tone. I guess that was stress getting to me. So, I think that the last thing I would improve on was my quick thinking. Like in Libby and Ben’s performance, I had to do that quick thinking because there was a smaller group, it was easier to manage. But in such a big group the best I could do was show them pictures and talk to them. I really would’ve liked something to do for back up.
So that concludes my Performance day review, in total, to sum it up, I really enjoyed my performance and I really want to improve and do it again. Sophie, out!

performane day pic 054

This entry was posted in Sophie F by Pip. Bookmark the permalink.

About Pip

Ciao, I'm Sophie but call me Pip please... I like.... stuff... Yeah... I have a lots of Imaginary friends ((Just characters I daydream about))... I like.. I dunno.... Staying at home for countless hours... Yeah... That sounds right... I like writing stories... Yeah... They are never really that good though... In my opinion...............